Even since the rear view mirror heating function was reduced in 2009, Ford Focus cars tend to have blurred rear view mirror in rainy days. Today, I will show you how to recover the function.
Tools you need
1pcs of ELM 327 scanner
1pcs of screwdriver
1pcs of sleeve
- Pry out the car window switch plate with the screwdriver;
- Twist off 2 screws mounted on the doorknob with the sleeve, and then remove the door plate;
- Remove the cover of the loudspeaker on the upper right inside the door plate and twist off two screws that fix the rear view mirror assembly;
- Remove the lens that does not support heating.
- Remove the rear view mirror assembly in order to make the operation easier;
- Thread the heating wiring harness through the rear view mirror;
- Plug on the rear view mirror switch and insert the lens to the bottom of the mirror;
- Lead one of the wire to black ring of the wiring harness and the other wire to read power line, and then connect it to the blue plug in the door plate module;
- Put the plug back and arrange the reset wiring harness. Install the rear view mirror and the door plate.
- Connect ELM327 scan tool to your car and laptop, and open the original heating system.
- Press the electrical heating button near the shift lever, and the rear view mirror function will be opened successfully.
- Keep the heating system on for 30 seconds, and you will find your rear view mirror become clear than before.
And we share other skill:Reveal Ford Focus hidden functions with ELM327 scanner
UOBDII Official Blog All rights reserved How to get Ford Focus rear view mirror heating function?