This article is available with the top 5 best diagnostic & programming tools for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep vehicles. Diagnostic Scanners that we feedback here will access to all electronic control systems on the Chrysler, Jeep Dodge such as ABS, Airbag, Transmission, SRS etc.
Top 1. wiTech MicroPod 2;
Top 2. Foxwell NT530;
Top 3. Foxwell NT510 Elite;
Top 4. Vident iLink400.
Top 5. Autel tools : (Autel MS906BT, MS908, MS908S PRO, Maxisys Elite ) + Chrysler 12+8 cable : bypass the security gateway module on 2018+ Chrysler so that you can clear codes, active test, bi-directional control special functions
***They differ from each other in price, target users, how to use, language, update etc.
Multi-language wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04 diagnostic and programming interface for Chrysler fits in your shirt pocket and provides 100% CAN coverage for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Fiat.
It can be used as diagnostic and programming tool by the dealerships to replace StarMobile, StarScan, and wi-TECH POD, it provides world-class diagnostic services to your customers. A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information. Note: DRB III emulator has been tested and verified working fine with our Micropod II hardware. The package does not include the DRB3 emulator, which you can buy your own.
Workable cars: Offers 100% CAN – equipped coverage to 2016 for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Fiat vehicle platforms.
Multi-languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
Programming online/offline: Confirmed
A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information.
DRB III emulator confirmed working, but it doesn’t contain DRB III emulator in the package, you have to buy your own separately.
-> working exactly like an OEM unit.
-> No errors and tested functions on different vehicles.
-> confirmed working with unmodified software wiTECH v17.03.10 (downloaded directly from Chrysler) and online (logged into TechAuthority).
-> used it on a 2014 dodge avenger just fine.
-> was able to flash a module update and program a new key with the unit.
-> uploaded pictures of the internals for those who are curious.
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 Update: When the newer software version is released, you will be given a link to download. It is disallowed to update online.
witech 2 v17.04.27 is a windows-based Chrysler diagnostic tool, which need to install the software on one computer (windows 7 32bit or 64bit) , it is relatively more complicated to use than a handheld scanner. But uobdii.com engineer will offer the stable witech 2 v17.03.10 software for you to download:
And take video on how to install and active witech 2 v17.03.10: https://youtu.be/HD3PRHPMTP4
Using Tips (Important):First connect MicroPodII to vehicle, if the red indicator turns on, then connect to laptop and run software.
Top 2 & Top 3 : Foxwell NT530 Chrysler OBDII scanner:
Foxwell nt530 is as the same as Foxwell NT510 Elite in the functions and workable carlist, expect for the outlook and hardware.
The Foxwell NT530 Multi-System Scanner is a unique tool that delivers OE-level diagnosis for different car brands and supports the most commonly required service and coding features. Through hardware and software upgrades, technical staff and enthusiasts can now approach problems with greater speed and accuracy.
– Upgraded version of the NT520 PRO scanner with improved hardware. Compatible with both OBDI and OBDII vehicles
– Service Features: Battery Reset, Injector Coding, TPMS, SRS, EPB, Brake Deactivation, Service Reset, Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Calibration, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, BCM/SIR Setup, TPS/TBA (Throttle Body Alignment), etc.
– Multi-System Diagnosis: Engine, Automatic Transmission, ABS, Airbag, Immobilizer, Climate Control, Fuel Pump Control Module, Fuel Injection Control Module, All-Wheel Drive Control, VG transfer case Module, Electronic Selector Module, Body Control Module, Digital Radio, Standard Radio, Drivers Door Module, HVAC, Instrument Cluster, Seat Memory Module, Theft Deterrent, Amplifier, Central Gateway, Immobilizer, etc.
– Functions: Read codes, Erase codes, Active test, ECU configure information, ECU information, Event data, Freeze frame, Live data, System check, Special functions
– Advanced functions such as Actuation, Adaption and Programming
– Expandable up to 5 car brands – Free Online Updates. One year warranty.
Add more car diagnostic software (22 makes in total) by paying extra 60usd per one. Guide: when you receive Foxwell NT530, it doesn’t contain Chrysler diagnostic software, please browse www.foxwelltech.us, register a member, login and download “FoxAssistSetup_V1.03.004.zip”. Video guide: https://youtu.be/l6u6fgaGd3g
– Hand-held, plug and play
– Much suitable for DIYer
– 2004 year -2017 year & up to 2003 year
Not all functions are supported for each vehicle. Scanner functionalities can vary by make and model. Please contact us directly before purchase if you have any questions. A detailed function list can also be provided upon request.
Update: free lifetime on www.foxwelltech.us, via USB.
Language: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional),French, Deutsch, Spanish, Japanese, Russian,Polish, Dutch, Portugues, Korean, Swedish, Italian, Russian, Thai, Hungaria,
Foxwell NT530 Chrysler scanner Review:
Review 1. Works just fine on my Jeep. It is actually a heck of a lot cheaper than some tools I was quoted for, some tools were over £1500. Crazy. This will do me nicely. Thanks.
Review 2. I had the ABS warning lights showing on the dashboard of my Chrysler. This tool was able to diagnose the fault, and when I fixed it the light had all turned off. Very nifty kit and well made. This will save me in the long run from taking to the garage every time.
Review 3. Absolutely sick of being taken to the cleaners by the local garages, I bought Foxwell nt530 in the hope it would save me some money as my local garage charges £75 just to hook it up (daylight roberry) anyway this tool arrived and have used it a couple of times already, and no mr rip off garage for me. Thankfully.
This Vident iLink400 support the vehicle includes 1996 to 2019 Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. It reads and erases Diagnostic Trouble Codes from most (if not all) electronically controlled systems, including Engine, ABS, Airbag, Automatic Transmission, Immobilizer, Climate Control, etc.
- Compatible with both OBDI and OBDII vehicles
- Works on the latest 2019 vehicle models
- Multi-system Diagnosis–for most (if not all) electronically controlled systems, including Engine, ABS, Airbag, Automatic Transmission, Immobilizer, Climate Control, Fuel Pump Control Module, Fuel Injection Control Module, All-wheel Drive Control , VG Transfer Case Module, Electronic Selector Module, Body Control Module, Digital Radio, Standard Radio, Drivers Door Module, HVAC, Instrument Cluster, Seat Memory Module, Theft Deterrent, Amplifier, Control Gateway, Immobilizer, Overhead Control Panel, Steering Control Module, Convertible Top Controller, etc.
- Basic diagnostic function includes read/erase codes, freeze frame data, live data, graph and compare live data, ECU information, active test, advanced ID
- Quick test function to test most common vehicle systems
- Turns off dashboard warning lights
- Request and record live sensor data
- Display live data graphs, and merge 2 parameter graphs simultaneously
- Display freeze frame data
- Retrieve ECU information
- Key coding for several vehicles
- Perform bi-directional actuation tests- manually operating components on the car to test their functions
- Support advanced functions such as adaptations and control module coding .ABS all functions and SRS all functions. No odometer.Vident iLink400 Chrysler function list: http://www.uobdii.com/upload/pro/19102615720741961431.xls
- Support the most commonly required service features like brake deactivation, service resets, steering angle sensor (SAS) calibration, DPF regeneration, ABS bleeding, BCM/SIR setup, TPS/TBA (Throttle body alignment), etc.
- Upgrade to cover more car makes
- Multi-lingual menus and code definitions for an international marketplace : English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hungarian and Thai.
- TF memory card for data backup and software update
- As easy as 1-2-3 with large TFT color screen and menu-driven operations
- Ergonomic design and ruggedly built for both shop and road tests
- 3 years free software update on www.videntech.com
- Allow user to add up to 5 car brands diagnostic software. One for extra 60usd. Here you can go for how-to guide:
Vident iLink400 Chrysler review:
I have been able to fix my ABS issue with this device, and do some additional testing of other components that would normally only be done by a dealer, or someone with a starscan. I logged into the web site and was able to download the latest patches for the unit and the diagnostics. It came pre-loaded with the Chrysler software, so it was plug and play, but I do recommend patching to the latest code though. You cannot do programming with this on the ram 3500, as far as I can tell.
All of the above Autel scanner can work with one Chrysler / Jeep / Dodge (coverage: https://www.autel.com/vehicle-coverage/coverage2) . In this article I want to mention one 12+8 OBDII connector. It is Autel’s bypass for Chrysler’s Security Gateway Module (SGM) which limits an aftermarket scan tool to only reading DTCs and viewing data.
2018 and newer Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, and Fiat now have a secure gateway module or SGM. This SGM will not allow your scan tool to do bidirectional controls on the vehicle. Autel has provided a cable to bypass the SGM.
The new Chrysler 12+8 Diagnostic Cable allows communication with late model Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat & Alfa vehicles.
Suitable for: The 12+8 Adapter connects to the Autel MaxiSys VCI. The Cable Adapter can be used with Autel Maxisys Series Scanners MS906BT+ like MS906BT, MS906S, MS908, MS908S, MS908S PRO, Maxisys Elite.
What is it used for?
1. Use with Autel MaxiSys scanner to diagnose on Chrysler Jeep Renegade Wrangler 300C after 2018 year
2. Most 2018 and newer FCA vehicles include a Security Gateway Module.
Expect to see this message when scanning a Chrysler with the Security Gateway Module:
DEVICE UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE CONTROL UNIT
Placement of the SGM varies, but it is often located in the side kick panel, passenger side near the glove box, or behind the radio.
YOU MUST USE THE APPROPRIATE CONVERTER. NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY USING THE WRONG POWER TYPE.
Features and Functions:
1. Read/ Clear Codes
2. Perform Active Tests
3. View Generic & Manufacturer Live Data
4. Perform TPMS OBDII Relearn
5. Coding and Adaptation with Maxisys Tablet Tools MS906BT+
6. ADAS calibrations (Requires Maxisys ADAS Software)
Chrysler 12+8 Adapter needed on Vehicles with Secure Gateway Module:
2013+ RAM Promaster
2015+ Fiat 500x
2015+ RAM Promaster City
2016+ Jeep Renegade
2017+ Alfa Romeo Giulia
2017+ Jeep Compass
2017+ Jeep Cherokee
2018+ Jeep Wrangler
2018+ Ram Trucks
2018+ Dodge Durango
2018+ Jeep Wrangler (JL Body only, not JK)
2018+ Dodge Journey
2018+ Jeep Grand Cherokee
2018+ Chrysler Pacifica
2018+ Chrysler 300
2018+ Dodge Charger
2018+ Dodge Challenger
2019+ Most Fiat/ Chrysler/ Jeep/ Ram vehicles
2020+ ALL FCA vehicles
Budget: Vident iLink400 price < Witech Micropod 2 < Foxwell NT530 < Autel scanner
Foxwell NT530 and Vident iLink400: all-system scan + service reset
Witech Micropod 2: professional diagnostic, online/offline programming
Autel scanner: professional diagnostic + programming + coding + service reset
Foxwell NT530 and Vident iLink400: easy to use, plug and play.
Witech Micropod 2: install on windows 7, need activation
Autel scanner: easy to operate by following the on-screen guides and the user manual.