Car model and year:
2016 Honda XR-V
Malfunctions and Symptom:
Check engine light is on
Honda diagnostic scanner to use:
Launch ThinkCar 2 (same as ThinkDriver) which is customized by uobdii.com.
(To learn: Launch ThinkCar 2 vs. ThinkDriver)
Here we go for procedure:
- Plug the LaunchThinkCar 2adapter into the obd2 port of XR-V.
In most cars located inside your car under the steering wheel or around the footwell area.
- Power on the car so that it starts open.
- Open ThinkCar 2and select ALL system diagnostic.
- ThinkCar 2will begin to read and decode the vehicles identification number (VIN) automatically, verify the year, brand and model (2016 Honda XR-V), click on “Ok”.
- Next, we will enter the diagnostic interface, select “Health Report”.
- The ThinkCar 2 will begin to scan the vehicle and produce the a file code, tell you the problem and identify it. In our case the PGM, ABS, EPS and EPB show their normal,
- We will read and clear the fault code, the fault code is P0353, which means NO.3 Cylinder ignition coil circuit malfunction.
- Now we have correctly diagnosed 2016 Honda XR-V, we will move on to the repair side of it.
How do we fix it, very simple, open the hood and replace the ignition coil on the cylinder No.3.
- Then clear the fault code with ThinkCar 2(ThinkDriver).
- Once it’s done, let’s check the health report again to verify the code has been cleared. No fault code this time.
Well done! problem is fixed!