Looking for the safe Reading writing key programmer for BMW CAS 3 + (i.e X6 2014) Lost Keys.
Remove CAS, Read D-Flash, make key by file, use DME ISN or 64 attempts to catch rolling code
this car has EWS4 active, OBD is just not worth the risk.
It’ll be 9389116. You can’t do all keys lost by obd even if you downgrade. It’s a CAS out job.
Safe Reading writing key programmer recommended:
– R270 cheapest and safest (details in the following paragraph)
– Hexprog/Hextag – safest
– Autel XP400/pro –
BMW E90 CAS3++ LOST KEY BY OBD AUTEL 508
– CGDI BMW Prog (Use CGDI BMW to program CAS3+ all keys lost)
– Yanhua Mini ACDP(Use Yanhua Mini ACDP to program CAS3+ all keys lost)
Let’s read the review one by one:
- R270CAS3+ review:
If you remove the cas3 yourself,
You will need a programmer to read data.
R270 from China is cheap, and works fine.
Then you still need to have a tool that writes the data in your new key.
And Cut a key.
If you take all this effort, the risk, the time, the money.
Consider either find a locksmith that dares to to do this job by obd.
Or remove the cas yourself and send it, to a locksmith.
- Use Xhorse VVDI2& VVDI Pro to program BMW CAS3+ AKL
Xhorse VVDI2 is the best way of preventing the risk of CAS3++ Istap failure when programming key via OBD only CAS3+.
1) Continuous 13 volts with a voltage stabilizer.
2) Voltage it’s one thing you need to consider.
3) Voltage… I done lots of them no problems
4) The voltage drop can be the reason it fails.
5) Voltage is the biggest thing. Best way to do it is on the bench to be safe.
6) The best way to prevent an issue with the downgrade is to not do it via OBD. Or pull the CAS out and read/save the eeprom prior…. It takes 5-10 minutes to do with some practice. Read CAS with programmer .. make key .. put all back ..job done ..
7) Make backup eeprom and flash via vvdi prog programmer and then do downgrade or whatever you want
So if you need to do with VVDI2 via OBD. Go and get a battery stabilizer. It will work.
The best way is to backup eeprom and write key on bench.
- Autel MaxiIM IM608 can program key for 2010 BMW 328i when all keys lost via OBD Cas3++ ISTAP.
I use inc100 stabilizer.
I use Aftermarket key.
If you are not sure “on istap is it possible to do 64attemps or no? and you are not sure if 64 is only for cas3++”, my answer is 64 time. Vehicle fired up on the 51 time.
Kept vehicle running for 15 minutes and sync DME 10 times.
And this is the method I get the isn:
A: Please look at the on-screen guide of Autel IM608.
Going to update CAS:
- The current CAS belongs to the CAS++ (ISTAP) version, need to be updated before OBD access.
- Suggest: Manually backup the original car FLASH and EEPROM data before performing this function.
Alright, these are all BMW CAS3+ key programmers recommendation. Hope it helps, any question, leave message at www.uobdii.com.