The Launch X431 New Energy Battery Diagnostics Upgrade Kit (EV Diag Upgrade Kit) comes with activation card and adapters. It can be compatible with the X431 PAD V and PAD VII to diagnose battery pack State of Charge and State of Health on Tesla, BYD and many other electric vehicles.
PART I: How to activate EV Diagnostic function?
1. Make sure you have already purchased the Launch new energy battery pack diagnostic configuration of the X-431 PAD V/X-431 PAD VII and received the Activation Card of the new energy detection expansion package and diagnostic adaptor cables.
2. Choose either of the following methods to activate it on the diagnostic scanner.
Method 1: Via Job Menu
2.Tap New Energy Diagnose to enter the following screen
Vehicle Diagnosis covers all new energy vehicle diagnostic software included in the original product configuration.
3. Tap Battery Pack Detection, the system will identify whether the current user account has activated the battery pack diagnostic configuration or not.
A. If not activated, it will navigate to the Mall module directly. Tap Subscription Renewal Card Pay and enter the 24-digit password to activate it. After it is successfully activated, please go to Software Update to download and install the diagnostic software of the battery pack.
B. If already activated but not downloaded the battery pack diagnostic software, it will go to Software Update to download.
C.If already activated and downloaded the battery pack diagnostic software, it will enter the battery pack brand selection screen.
Method 2: Via Mall
1. Update the main diagnostic app of the diagnostic scanner to V7.03.025 or above and tap Mall on the Job menu.
2. Tap Other Software Packages, and then tap New energy battery pack diagnostic software package
3. Tap Subscription Renewal Card Pay
4. Tap Subscription Renewal Card Pay, enter the 24-digit password and tap Confirm to activate it
5. After it is successfully activated, please go to Software Update to download and install the diagnostic software of the battery pack
6. After downloading is completed, tap New Energy Diagnose and then tap Battery Pack Detection. The system will enter the battery pack brand selection screen.
*Note: All illustrations and descriptions in this operation instruction are based on the latest information available at the time of publication. Due to continuing improvements, actual product may differ slightly from the product described herein.
PART II: Launch EV Diagnostic Upgrade Kit Software & Vehicle List
For the detailed model and year, check https://qcar.x431.com/qcar/#/pc/index?q=e30%3D
LAUNCH X431 EV Diagnostic Upgrade Kit + Activation Card: