A car diagnostic tool, also known as an automotive diagnostic scanner or OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) scanner, is a device designed to diagnose and troubleshoot issues within a vehicle’s onboard computer system. It is an essential tool used by mechanics, automotive technicians, and even car owners to identify and resolve problems with various vehicle components.
The car diagnostic tool connects to the vehicle’s OBD port, typically located under the dashboard or steering column. Once connected, it communicates with the onboard computer system, retrieving valuable data and information about the vehicle’s performance, systems, and sensors.
The tool has a user-friendly interface, usually consisting of a display screen and control buttons. It allows users to access and interpret diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) that are stored in the vehicle’s computer memory when a problem is detected. These codes provide valuable insights into the specific areas or components experiencing issues, such as the engine, transmission, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), airbags, and more.
In addition to reading DTCs, modern car diagnostic tools offer a wide range of functionalities. They can provide real-time data, such as engine RPM (Revolutions Per Minute), vehicle speed, coolant temperature, and sensor readings, enabling users to monitor the performance of various systems. Some advanced tools also allow users to perform active tests, reset certain systems, calibrate components, and even program or update the vehicle’s computer software.
Car diagnostic tools come in different forms, ranging from handheld scanners to more advanced wireless devices that connect to smartphones or tablets via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. They are compatible with a variety of vehicle makes and models, supporting the OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) standard, which is used in most cars manufactured after 1996.
Overall, a car diagnostic tool is an indispensable device for diagnosing and resolving issues in modern vehicles. It empowers users with the ability to quickly and accurately identify problems, saving time and money by avoiding unnecessary repairs and providing valuable insights for efficient troubleshooting and maintenance.
Here list a few popular car diagnostic tools available in the market:
1. Super MB Pro M6+: Based on M6, Super MB PRO M6+ has greatly improved product functions and compatibility, and is 100% compatible with the original Mercedes-Benz software.
1. 100% compatible with the original Mercedes-Benz software.
2. The front label of the M6+ uses a design with trademark rights and art copyrights to improve product recognition.
3. The communication interface between the M6+ and the computer is a USB3.0 interface, which improves the compatibility of the product with computers and tablets. (Compatible with both old and new computers and tablets, no need to choose old-fashioned computers and tablets with network ports.)
4. M6+ supports remote C-side operation. The client does not need to install special diagnostic testing software. Just connect the M6+ to a local computer that can access the Internet, and we can remotely provide customers with paid diagnosis and detection services of vehicle failure. Customers can also set up a local remote diagnostic test in the local area network. The above ways greatly improve the product flexibility.
5. M6+ supports BMW E-SYS, Aicoder, wired and wireless programming and coding of F and G series, and supports BMW modification, hidden functions activation.
6. M6+ supports BMW APP software, provides mobile phone English version of Bimmercode (coding hidden functions activation) Bimmerlink (diagnostics codes clearing) and other mobile phone software, supports MHD .Bimmergeeks .. XHP Flashtool. ODIS-e.XDelete.THOR-the M Flasher.PRO- Tool and other mobile apps.
7. M6+ supports vehicles with DOIP communication protocol, such as the new Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Bentley, Lambo, etc. A dedicated transition button is provided.
8. Support new models such as W223 c206 213 167
2. Autel MaxiCOM MK808 OBD2 Scanner: This handheld scanner features a large touchscreen display and offers extensive vehicle coverage. It provides full-system diagnostics, reads and clears codes, performs active tests, and offers advanced functions like ECU coding and key programming.
3. Launch X431 V+ Bi-Directional OBD2 Scanner: This professional-grade diagnostic tool supports bi-directional control, enabling users to send commands to various vehicle systems. It offers extensive diagnostic capabilities, advanced coding and programming features, and a vast vehicle coverage database.
4. Autel MaxiSYS MS906BT Diagnostic Scanner: This advanced wireless diagnostic tool offers comprehensive vehicle coverage and a wide range of functions. It provides in-depth diagnostics, extensive service functions, programming capabilities, and access to an extensive online database for troubleshooting and repair information.