Recommendation for Passat B6 and CC key programmer, some users share their opinions who has any of FVDI 2018, FVDI 2014, Iprog + clone, Xhorse VVDI2 etc, because they bought recently that can confirm it work on this job.
- Fvdi 2018 will do 2006 Passat because I’ve done one with it… has other functions which are useful… downside is the drivers are a pain and some stuff doesn’t work.. welcome to the clones
- Also Fvdi 2014 done make key Passat b6 2008 by tag key from comfort dumb
But Passat b6 +2008 and cc with med17/edc17 need old key to read cs and pin or read ecu by other tool and extract pin and cs
- Instead of Tango Clone, my recommendation ..Go for Iprog+ clone. It s work like tango with a lot of programming feature. The bad thing no user manual…. just Google it. I have success by key programming on Mazda 6 on EEPROM.
Is a cheap stuff man..for me is challenging..learn it..mod it. Expensive genuine, if get spoil, really frustrated. We r learning..
- Xhorse VVDI 2 can make keys for Passat /CC
VVDI 2 VAG 4th immobilizer system – Passat /CC key programming guide:
Passat/CC has 2 transponder types: one is MEGAMOS 48, another one is HITAG2 (46 Transponder). Before make key you must select transponder type 48 or 46. This type support OBD lost all key, Detail can be found in Key Learn->Key Learn->OBD Lost All Key method. How to find correct transponder type while lost all key? You can find answer for Transponder type OK in “Key Learn ->Key Learn”
Here we list several method for add new key (operation steps use number in picture):
1) You can read PIN and 6 bytes CS from ECU via OBD, no comfort module dump
46 Transponder: Lost all key is same as add key with working key. Place 7th byte CS to “FF”, you can follow steps: 1->3->4 (PICTURE 5.9) 48 Transponder: Add key: you need find 7th byte CS from working key, you can follow steps: 1->2->3->4 (PICTURE 5.9) Lost all key: this type need use try start method to find working key. Try times belong to 0-255. First try need start from 0, if failed in the procedure, record the failed times. Next time, try start with last failed times. You can follow steps: 1-2-3(PICTURE 5.10)
2) Cannot read 6 bytes CS from ECU. Here you need comfort module dump (95320) support. After load comfort module dump you will get window (PICTURE 5.11)
It has 3 methods to decrypt comfort module dump:
Decrypt 7 bytes CS from dump file (usually we select this method)
Get CS from ECU EEPROM dump
Have 6 bytes CS
Decrypt success (PICTURE 5.12): You will get the 7 bytes CS and PIN after decrypt success. So make dealer key is very easy. No matter 48 or 46, no matter lost all key or add key, they are all same. You can follow steps: 1->2->3(PICTURE 5.13)
Decrypt failure：This type rarely happen
Add Key：You can follow steps: 1->2->3->5(PICTURE 5.14) Lost All key: this type need use try start method to find working key. Try times belong to 0-255. First try need start from 0, if failed in the procedure, record the failed times. Next time, try start with last failed times. You can follow steps: 1->4->5 (PICTURE 5.14). Number 6 (Unlock 46 key) in (PICTURE 5.14) only unlock the temp key under try start method under decrypt failure method
To be continuing…