This is step-by-step instruction on how to do engine control module recovery on Cadillac cars.
modules tested successfully with the tools and guide below:
2009 Buick Enclave
2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007 GMC Acadia
2009 GMC Acadia
2007 Saturn OUTLOOK
2009 Saturn OUTLOOK
GM MDI module/
GM Tech 2 scanner
Engine control module recovery procedure:
1. Disconnect the programming device.
2. Power down the control modules connected to the GMLAN bus by disconnecting the positive battery cable for 2 minutes.
3. Reconnect the positive battery cable.
4. Determine which programming device will be used to perform the recovery steps.
If using MDI, connect to the programming station or Notebook using a cable (LAN). Proceed to Step 5 and then Steps 6-8.
If using a Tech 2 proceed to Steps 6-8.
5. Reboot the programming station or Notebook. This is to make sure nothing is in memory.
OBD2 Note: Selecting Replace and Reprogram from the Select Diagnostic Tool and Process Screen is REQUIRED because some of the calibrations may be erased from the initial attempt to reprogram the module.
6. Reprogram the engine control module. Select Replace and Reprogram from the Select Diagnostic Tooland Process Screen.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the programming event.
8. Clear all DTCs using the GM Tech 2 or GDS.