Problem before entering:
I am trying to change mileage on Volvo V50 2004 dash with digiprog3 odometer master clone v4.94.
I have downloaded a German version user manual and soldered 3 wires as shown in German manual (checked pin numbers). Adapter 51 has 4 wires. Pin 25 (white on original, or orange on clone) left unsoldered. I’m getting “ERROR INIT” message on screen. Processor is MC9S12DG128B. I selected HCS12 in digiprog 3.
What I’m doing wrong? Then I contacted my dealer. The uobdii.com technician helped solve the trouble. It should work for whom has DP3 on this dash.
I checked the Volvo V50 HCS12 user manual with digiprog iii again, and noticed that at least 4 wires, vss, vdd, tx and rx should be soldered.
I posted the attachment they provided.
VOLVO V50 TACHO
- Remove and disassemble tachometer.
- Connect as shown in the photo above the plug 51 with the marked soldering points. 3. PICTURES on the following page
- Select the program: cars / trucks -> VOLVO -> V50 HCS12.
- The DIGIPROG displays the old / wrong Mileage.
- Program and completed the new / correct Mileage.
NOTE: Pin-signal= end of white wire in first picture
The job needs good soldering/ desoldering skill. Lucky, the problem was settled.
UOBDII All rights reserved Volvo V50 Tachometer correction with digiprog 3 (fixed)