This blog will introduce a cheap but useful little tool: Brake Fluid Tester Pen.
TOP Reasons why you should buy one:
- As we all know to test car brake fluid is very necessary! Both for better car performance and driving safety!
- It is useful no matter for DIY home repairing or garage repairing (As the first basic diagnostics step to get more information)
- This Brake Fluid Tester dot3 and dot4 is really easy to use and cheap as $10.99 free shipping.
How to use this Brake Fluid Tester easily?
It has 5 indicators which has different meanings to show you car brake fluid status:
Green: Battery OK, No Water Contained in the Brake Fluid
Yellow: Less than 1% of Water Content in Brake Fluid
Yellow/Yellow: Approximately 2% of Water Content in Brake Fluid
Yellow/Yellow/Red: Approximately 3% of Water Content in Brake Fluid (Time to change brake fluid.)
Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red/Red: Approximately 4% of Water Content in Brake Fluid (Change brake fluid immediately!)
Listen to what other users say about this Brake Fluid Tester?
- I work in a large dealership. The first thing we do when we receive a car or truck is to perform a detailed inspection of the vehicle.
I bought this tool to do more than a quick look at brake fluid level and to see if the fluid was discolored over time.
What we have found out to be true is vehicles with 30,000 miles, the tester shows 1% water content. 45,000 miles or so, the water content is 2%. 50,000 to 60,000 miles and the water content is 3% or higher. It’s good to us!
- I normally flush the braking systems on my family’s cars every three years. I find newly flushed cars have the minimum lights lit and the cars nearing three years have red lights lit. It’s a good indicator of your fluids condition.
- I can confirm this tester works as I tried it on three cars with known brake fluid age. And the old one showed 5%, the middle one showed 1% and the new one showed 0%.
UOBDII Official Blog All rights reserved How $10.99 Brake Fluid Tester easily check your car brake fluid?